Oh my, what a terrible blogger person/friend/write/etc I am! I received these awards, oh, probably a couple of weeks ago at this point. It was right in the middle of the end of the school year, and I seriously would have walked around without my head if it wasn’t actually attached to my body! Whew!!! This past week has been wonderful though, yes, I’ve been busy, but it’s been a NICE busy, if that makes sense? I.E. NO running to school campuses!!! (all 4 of my kids were at seperate schools/school campuses the entire 2011-2012 school year. It was CRAZY, even more so because the youngest was in half-day kindergarten)
Anyway, I am working on making bloggie amends (does that even make sense? I’m speaking Jules today, not English. Just sit back, and enjoy, or don’t. Seriously, I write this for me, not for anyone else. So I tend to have grammatical errors, mis-spelling, and make up random words. Forget a properly put together sentance.)
Both awards were given to me by jensinewall (a LOVELY blogger from Ireland (not the UK as I previously stated. Oops!!!) Her writing, it’s sublime. I feel as if I’m right there with her. Fantastic) I suggest you go to her page and check it out. And read it, and subscribe to it. You know. Because I said so. (looks at YOU her reader with a glazed over look from all those tiny crystals she’s been staring at for the past 3 days)
First, the Kreative Blogger Award for “Fashionable” (which I take as a HUGE compliment! What an honor! THANK YOU!!!!)
And she also awarded me the Sunshine Award
I’m very honored by both of these, and a little speechless about it. So, now I have steps I need to do.
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
First, I’ll share the love. =) Go over and see jensinewall @ http://jensinewall.wordpress.com Her blog is fabulous. I do enjoy reading her posts!
Questions: (I’m stealing hers! I’m not feeling terribly creative this afternoon. Okay, but I’m changing one, as I’ve only ever lived in America)
- What is a favorite childhood memory? Going Ice Skating (I actually did it on a regular basis….daily. For years. I also competed!)
- What is a real fear you have? Being in elevators. That the cable will snap and the car will plunge to the ground and smash to bits.
- How would you describe yourself?
- How many states have you lived in? California, Nevada, Maryland, Virgina, and Texas
- What is your style? 60’s + 50’s + Random things I like. I’m often compared to Bree Vandekamp from Desperate Housewives (except I bring cupcakes everywhere, not muffind)
- What is your favorite breakfast food? Tea & Toast (with lots of butter!)
- What are some of your hobbies? Reading, cooking, baking, collecting shoes, reorganizing my shoes, shoes.
- If you could tell people anything, what would be the most important thing to say? You have to swim with turtles before you can fly.
- What is one of your passions? Pretty shoes. Something about having pretty shoes on, it just makes a bad day better.
- What is the one truth you have learned? The universe is round, and those who do evil will get their due in the end. It just sometimes takes alot longer than we want it too.
I shall have to come back with nominations. I need to think on that more. But I did want to get these posted up here, as they have been “sitting” for quite some time now!
And for a Positively Friday bit!
1. My best friend is flying out here to California today! I’m SOOOOoooooo excited. I have a busy work week next week, and she’s thrilled to be my “assistant”. Expect some crazy posts about cake, aprons, carbombs and Irish punk music (not sure what those last two are)
2. I did something unexpected for someone. I won’t go into details about it, as I didn’t do it for any recognition. But it was a really beautiful moment. Brought me to tears. Blog world, this is the FIRST time I’ve mentioned anything about it. To anyone.
3. No more school taxi trips! School is OUT! Soooo excited for this one.
4. I finished another pair of crystal shoes. (yes, I know, I have a little sparkly problem. Especially as I am planning for a green pair, as soon as I hunt down the right pair of heels!)
5. My house is kind of a mess and I haven’t freaked out. It’s OKAY that the floor is dirty. Really. Okay, well, maybe not. But I’m dealing with it. And I’m calm.
6. My arthritis made an attempt to flare on me, but it didn’t. I am so extreamly thankful for this I just cannot tell you. Having a chronic condition is hard, having it flare and get red and angry with you? It’s brutal. It’s been months since it’s flared, probably because I’m watching what I eat (looks over at sweet tea….OOPS) and have been making an attempt at exercise.
7. My roses are blooming! My daisies aren’t dead! I have FLOWERS!!! And our pool should be up this weekend.
So, there you go. I had a good week overall. I wish I’d had gotten a nap this afternoon, but I ended up on a client consulation call (which I am super excited about this potential cake.) and then got caught up here with my blog, and well, it’s 3:30 and time to start thinking about dinner!
Have a wonderful weekend! Tomorrow morning starts the kick off of a VERY VERY busy crazy week. But it’ll be fun!
Until next time,
I am stealing this (with her permission!! Thank you Adrienne!!) post idea from Adrienne over at . She posted it yesterday (Thursday/Friday, it’s pretty close, right??) and I decided, hey, I’ve got my computer up this morning (trying to get a little work done, and here I am blogging! OOPS), and why not? I really working on embracing being more positive with life, and look at the good things, no matter how bad things might be.
So, my “short” list of good things this week (I decided to keep it to 5):
1. My Better Half
My husband has just been wonderful this past week. Living in step-life isn’t always easy, and we’ve had some crazy adventures, but at the end of the day, it’s worth it. (warts and all!!) We have a unique step-situation, and sometimes I think it makes life easier, and sometimes, I feel it makes life harder!
My children have been studying hard for the upcoming STAR test. I know they are going to do well. I pray this will help them realize that studying for tests IS a good thing, and you will be rewarded for it! We are a year away from having a child in high school, so it’s important to get some good work habits ingrained in them, especially my oldest.
My oldest has been performing all week in his spring drama production, and he has been doing so well! I’m so proud of him getting outside of his comfort zone, meeting new people, and putting in all the extra hours the past few weeks to be ready. He’s just in the chorus (the lead parts all went to high schoolers, but in another year and a half, he WILL be in high school, and he sees the potential!), but he’s made quite an impression on all the cast members. I got to go backstage last night, and one of the seniors was like “Hey, your kid is awesome. We’ve enjoyed having him perform with us!”. I think thats pretty amazing.
3. Last Weekend
It was brutally hot last Saturday, as in, close to 100 degrees (well, it probably did hit that in places!). And humid. Oy. And I had a delivery. A HUGE delivery. So, to share my big delivery, here’s what it was…
And now my readers will understand WHY I so so so so love my “Eat Cake for Breakfast” bag! I carry it to my consulations, it’s so fun! (okay, and I drag it around when I’m not working too…but it usually GETS me business! Best advertising ever!!) This is probably one of my favorite wedding cakes I have done so far. The sugar lace…I made a mold from real lace, and then cast it in sugar. (everything pictured is a form of sugar, except for the carnations on top, the bride wanted real carnations, not sugar flowers) So that was a very VERY positive thing from my last week! The cake survived!! (it was so so hot, and the venue had the cake table sitting in sunlight) The flowers were all pretty white carnations, very much a “rockabilly” wedding.
I don’t advertise my business (I work for myself), and the past week, I have been very blessed with new business, repeat business, refferals from previous clients, the like. It’s been a stellar 2012, and it’s just getting better!
Blessings at my bible study. I’ve spent the last 8-9 months with the same group of ladies (for the most part), and we’ve been on some really incredible adventures through the bible, personal growth, and finding our way (for some of us). We are wrapping up over the next couple of weeks, which makes me sad, as I have really really enjoyed the past months. I hope that we are able to fit in “time” over the summer together….I told them I am not above bribing them with fabulous baked goods and good coffee!!
5. My Health
I struggle with my health. It’s a daily battle. But right now? I’m winning, and it’s very very nice. Very much a positive thing! I have managed to spring clean my house over the past week and not have any ill effect as a result. Yes!
What blessings have you had over the past week?
Until next time,