We did a thing on May 31st, we left this planet and travelled to a far off outpost called Batuu. Woah. Disney went above and beyond! Some highlights from our night:
My outfit (this was taken in Downtown LA)
And for anyone traveling during the reservation system in place at Disneyland, these are my thoughts…copied from a Disney group I shared it in:
1. Being “smuggled” into the Falcon attraction via the Fastpass queue. I won’t share all the details, it’s a bit scoundrel-ish.
2. The creature stall!! Porgs, Lothcats, and a bunch of weird stuff I don’t know what it all is, but they made noises and looked creep and/or cool.
3. Droid building! My youngest did this. He was so excited. Said unit is now downstairs harassing my Lothcat.
4. The food we tried was OK, but bear in mind I have allergies and a sensitive stomach and so we didn’t delve too deep into food last night. I wanted to enjoy the land and not end up in the infirmary.
5. TALK TO THE CITIZENS. I cannot stress this enough. I always tell people to talk to other people as you never know who or what you will meet and get into. Well, this is absolutely the case on Batuu. Woah.
6. Download the Play Disney app. That was MY highlight, interacting and exploring that way. I suppose I’m just a dirty rotten scoundrel at heart. Hondo, I feel ya man.
7. If you experience motion sickness on Flight of Passage, might want something for the attraction. We rode twice and I was DONE, even medicated. The boys rode EIGHT TIMES. The single rider queue was open and they took full advantage. I think they also smuggled themselves in a couple of times.
All in all, WOW. But bring your earthly credits, for these traders want ALL OF THEM. No need for paid previews…Disney is making up for any lost revenue with the fabulous and incredible merchandise. And everyone was handing over credits for the items of their dreams, because Batuu is every Star Wars lovers DREAM.
10/10 recommended. And I’m a recent Star Wars convert. However I did have a backstory and spent a lot of time cultivating it with the citizens. Because that’s just me.
Overall, Disney did an incredible job with this expansion and beautiful land. If you’re a Star Wars fan? Go. You will be able to live out your dreams in reality!!
*this is not a paid review and we were NOT hosted by Disney. Just Disney fans who hopped online to make a reservation and took the day to go play on Batuu!
It has been a whirlwind summer, but today I am thankful AND grateful that we got to celebrate my dad’s birthday this morning, after a scare in June. Overall this whole year has been a medical nightmare for our family, and I am hopeful that we are out of the woods for now!
My daughter seems to be better as well, back in February she collapsed at school and experienced temporary paralysis, which was made worse by the poor handling of the situation. We were forced to make some difficult decisions regarding schooling, and this past week was week 1 of a “new schedule” for my remaining school aged children. It’s more parental involvement, but I know my kids will be safe, well educated, and as a parent I couldn’t really ask for much more than that! One of many reasons my blog has been a place of neglect this year!
This guy is quite a gem too:
The detail on this bag is amazing, I know I love my typewriter bag, but this one takes the cake! As a baker, well, I’m partial to anything with a French macaron on it.
I recently took a trip to Minesota to pick my oldest son up from summercamp, and had the misfortune of flying Spirit airlines. (Never again!) When you find out 48hrs before your trip that they charge for a carry-on, you get creative! I managed to pack for the whole weekend into one small “personal item”, including the cafe handbag. Some photos:
I rolled all my clothes and put them in air-tight ziplock bags. In that bag was:
Two cardigans (I wore my big heavy one over my dress, looking very bag lady like!), jeans, sandals, pjs, one dress, one belt, two t-shirts, undergarments, sandals, toiletries, makeup, handbag, phone charger and my noise cancelling headphones. For me to pack that light is quite a miracle! But I just couldn’t justify paying $65 to bring a carryon with me. It became a bit of a challenge!
Here’s some photos, right across the lake is Canada. My son went to Camp Kooch-I-Ching in International Falls, MN. It’s a boys camp, but there is a girl’s sister came somewhere! (They never see each other)
The Coffee Landing, they roast their beans in their front window! They even have mail order. Mmmmmm.
I had last visited when it was 2 years old, and this month they celebrated 25 years! It seemed much bigger back then, I have to say! Lots of back to school shopping was going on when we were there.
Gearing up for the end of summer, and fall is just around the corner. I hope to blog a bit more, once I get into the swing of life.
Until next time,