Fashion, Food, Desserts, being a 30-something mom is exciting!

Posts tagged “appetizers

Food Moments

Mmmm, we’ve been running almost all weekend, drama, piano, church, yard work, planting more flowers, 15 trips to the hardware store (well, not really, like 5, but it feels like more!!!), birthday shopping, so I did an easy “appetizer” night.

Pot stickers (oh man I love these!! I fry ours in grapeseed oil, it’s amazing), artichoke red pepper appetizers (soooo easy to make, and they look so pretty!). Ice cream for the kids later, and an ice cream shake for me that I picked up on one of my store runs! (it’s got caffeine, which I need today!)

20120429-182901.jpg

I started dessert first though!!

20120429-182923.jpg

My artichoke appetizers, it’s so simple! Here’s how I make mine (I adapted a recipe I found online, I didn’t like their ingredient list, it used onion!)

Jules’ Artichoke Appetizers

14oz marinated artichoke hearts
8oz cream cheese
1/2c Parmesan cheese
Chopped sweet red peppers (to taste)
Juice of one lemon
Garlic powder & salt to taste
Phyllo Dough Squares

Preheat oven to 375, fill mini muffin tins with phyllo dough squares. Set aside.

I chop the artichokes and red peppers, and throw everything in the bowl and mix. You can put the artichokes, cream cheese, lemon, & Parmesan cheese in a food processer (the only one I own is strictly for making almond meal for French Macarons).

After mixing everything, put the artichoke mixture into the phyllo cups. Sprinkle parmesean cheese on top (optional, I like the kick), and bake at 375 for 18 minutes (please note that I have a wicked crazy oven, so you might have to cook longer. Mine runs hot, but I am always baking, so I adjust accordingly. My oven and I are great great friends 90% of the time. The other 10% I want to kill her)

Enjoy! These are delicious!! And they are bite sized!!

20120429-183925.jpg

Don’t forget, giveaway closes tomorrow!!

Until next time,

Jules