Hello March

So it’s been a month since my last post. Right after my last post my daughter had a medical emergency at school, and our new “normal” we had just adjusted too was turned utterly UPSIDE DOWN. I have always respected parents who take care of sick children, knowing it’s difficult and being unable to imagine what they are going through. Well, now I understand. Watching your 12-year old daughter go from this vibrant child to requiring a wheelchair and spending much of our time in Drs offices is the most difficult thing EVER. It sure does make you reflect on priorities!! Oh, and pants. Because sometimes trying to wrangle a wheelchair in a skirt is very very difficult!

Some recent outfits:

1. Cardigan: Neiman Marcus Cashmere
  3. Shoes: Jimmy Choo
  4. Handbag & Belt: Kate Spade

This was my Valentine’s Day outfit….we had lots of deliveries and Drs appointments!

1. Scarf: Kate Spade (at outlets currently)
  2. Blouse: Nanette Lenore
  3. Cardigan: Target
  4. Pants: Banana Republic
  5. Shoes: Jimmy Choo
  6. Handbag: Kate Spade

1. Scarf: Kate Spade
  2. Tshirt & Cardigan: Banana Republic
  3. Pants: Banana Republic
  4. Shoes: Jimmy Choo

1. Tshirt & Cardigan: Banana Republic
  2. Skirt & Shoes: Kate Spade

1. Sweater: Kate Spade
  2. Pants: Banana Republic (I have several pairs)
  3. Shoes: Kate Spade

2. Blouse & Jeans: Kate Spade
  3. Shoes: Jimmy Choo

1. Cardigan: C Wonder
  2. Blouse: Kohls
  3. Skirt: Vintage

1. Coat & Dress: Kate Spade
  3. Handbag: Hermes (a beautiful bag, but I don’t carry it very often)

1. Cardigan: Banana Republic

2. Dress & Shoes: Kate Spade

1. Bolero: The Limited
  3. Belt: Alannah Hill
  4. Handbag: Kate Spade

1. Cardigan & Dress: Kate Spade
  2. Belt: handmade

We went to a private party to view the Oscars last month:

Best part of my dress? It has pockets!!!

A cake I made for a QuinceΓ±era last month.

1. Tina

Yes I kinda, sorta know what you mean by “new normal” & I thoroughly wish I didn’t! Our children can take us to some dark places. Not much advice I can give except to hang in there & seek/trust the advice of experts/those wiser than you. You will get through this, I promise!

On a happier note you continue to look amazing no matter what life throws at you, and that is no small feat.

March 11, 2017 at 08:59

2. Oh my stars. I hope your mini is okay and that this is a temporary thing. 😦 your oscars look was fabulous! Love!

March 11, 2017 at 17:54

3. I am SO sorry to hear about your daughter, Jules. How is she doing?

PS. you look amazing in all the things but my favorite is that KS coat.

March 13, 2017 at 01:13

• Thanks! I do love that coat!!!!!

My daughter is hanging in there, it’s just a process. Ugh. But I have a great mom and some amazing friends that make life bearable. We just keep trucking along!! (And buying shoes helps. πŸ˜‚)

How are you??? We have had an orange kitty adopt us this week. He’s so funny, and he made me think of yours! Ginger cats are the sweetest. He’s fighting his feral-ness, he will purr and hang on me and then randomly hiss, then meow and headbutt me. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ (he’s strictly outdoor until I get him to the vet)

❀Jules

March 13, 2017 at 03:32

4. You look gorgeous in every single outfit, and even more so with all of the stress. I’ve only been on the sick kid side of it, but I hope that your daughter is on the mend! And that you can keep your strength when you need it πŸ™‚ Your posts always brighten my week, and I hope that you have your own “bright spots” ☺

March 13, 2017 at 03:27

• Awe, thanks! I do try to find the good no matter how bad things are. Because I’ve had it much much worse before. It’s not EASY, but it does bring some peace!

That said, there’s been many nights where the kids might get just pizza, but we are all surviving. πŸ˜‚ my biggest issue with stress is, I can hardly eat. That gets frustrating!!!!

I hope you feel better soon!!!!

❀ Jules

March 13, 2017 at 03:29

• Pizza is still food!! And kids always appreciate it πŸ™‚ I am slowly getting better (though not as fast as I would like), it’s just general run down right now.
        Remember to grab what you want to eat when you do- it might not be the healthiest, but it’s something!! (From someone who loses their appetite easily)

March 13, 2017 at 03:31

• Oh yeah, that’s totally been my motto!!!! One day a deep dish pizza sounded so good, I could TASTE it. So I ordered one. πŸ˜‚ I couldn’t eat much, but it was good! My mom has been here cooking and cleaning every week, so that has helped. Its easier to eat things I didn’t have to make for whatever reason.

March 13, 2017 at 03:33

• Because you don’t feel exhausted before taking the first bite! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

March 13, 2017 at 03:34

5. Hope your daughter is better.
    There are so many fabulous looks here !!! The Oscars gown was gorgeous and better than many on the real red carpet.

March 14, 2017 at 18:19