Yes, I am sitting here saying just that. I had a lovely day, only to check the news before bed to see that one of those Kardashion people has the same birthday as I do. (Well she’s older, but still) I celebrated in a much calmer way though!
My first outfit:
- Cardigan: Kate Spade
- Dress: Kate Spade (super old…I’ve had this for about a year and hadn’t worn it. It’s too big though! I guess I’ve lost weight and not realized it)
- Shoes: Christian Louboutin
- Handbag: Kate Spade (a birthday present from a mentor/friend/someone special)
My youngest has half day all week so he took me to Starbucks (shhhh, I gave him “his” card, which was actually a card I put money on so he could “pay”. He’s so precious!), and then I took him to Waba Grill, we shared a bowl that we took home:
Mmmmmm. So yummy. It’s a huge portion though! I think I’ll get a kids bowl next time! Of course I had a strawberry cupcake too….my favorite. I had made dessert for our bible study dinner tonight…shhhh, most of them didn’t know it was my birthday. I’m a ninja like that! I did change before we went though…I mean what’s a birthday without outfit changes?!
- Kate Spade (recent poshmark find! It’s an older style, gorgeous heavy fabric & lining!!)
- Belt: Anthropologie
- Shoes: Jimmy Choo (oh how I love these! This was my INSANE find in Arizona two weeks ago. In fact, I’m going to say these are my sparkly birthday present to myself.)
I must admit, normally I go buy myself something on my birthday, but I did not this year. I’m trying to chill a bit on non-essential purchases, just because. My closet is bursting, and even with nearly a dozen pairs of shoes on loan for a film project, my shoe racks are also out of control! My weekend goal is to really take some time and clear some things out. I have a lot of pieces I don’t wear, but don’t want to get rid of! But it’s time (again!).
Until next time,