Tuesday

I am DRAGGING this week. Our trip up north took an unexpected turn due to weather and what is normally about a 6 hour drive home turned into a 9 hour drive, as we had to take a different route! It was GORGEOUS though….we came over on hwy 4 to 395 south, and the scenery on the pass was insane! We also saw the beginning of the first snow of the season! The smell was just glorious. Even though the drive was long, it was so beautiful we enjoyed every moment!! Some photos:

It was about 40 degrees out when we passed through around 4pm. We drove with the windows on and the heater running! Kept the kiddos from getting carsick.

Some attire from the past few days. Thursday for the drive north: (this dress is quickly becoming a staple! I think I need to hunt it down in blue & black)

2. Belt: Secondhand
  4. Handbag: Kate Spade

Friday we went to the Moaning Caverns, took the walking tour and the kids panned for gems. This is the only photo I have of my attire…we had so much fun just enjoying the moments!  (Yes, I have PANTS ON! Please excuse the background…just keeping it real)

1. Cardigan: Kate Spade (outlet a couple years ago)
  2. Blouse: Banana Republic Outlet, 2 years ago? Maybe 3?
  3. Pants: Banana Republic
  4. Handbag: Kate Spade, but I call her Belle.

I didn’t get my outfit on Saturday, but here’s Sunday after we got home and my husband and I HAD to go buy food for the week:

1.  Cardigan: Kate Spade (3-ish years old?)
  2. Skirt: Kate Spade
  3. Handbag: Kate Spade (from the most recent surprise sale)
  4. Shoes: Kate Spade (older style)

Yesterday…as it’s finally starting to feel like fall!

1. Sweater: Banana Republic
  2. Skirt: Vintage (this skirt is a workhorse! I’ve had it several years and it is just perfect)
  3. Shoes: Kate Spade

And finally today….school spirit colors of course!

1. Cardigan: Kate Spade Outlet (currently on sale racks! They have it in black too. I only bought the blue)
  3. Belt: Kate Spade

This time of year is always so busy, it’s like the kickoff to the insanity of Chrismas Holidays. First week back from break is always brutal! Then we have our huge fall festival this week and next week is Halloween. I’m not prepared for either one! Eek!

1. Told you that dress was the best!!!! Ugh, it’s definitely my favorite. Can’t believe the trip took NINE hours. I would have been going stir crazy… Better safe than sorry though!

October 21, 2015 at 13:28

• Yeah, I’m now a big fan! Probably helps that the one I do have it a couple sizes too big, so it’s loose and also a bit longer. I’ll be on the hunt for it in other colors!! I got spoiled though, I paid less than $50, and they are far more online. Sigh.

I don’t mind long car rides, it was however frustrating that the speed limit would go from 70 to 25 in small towns, and we passed a TON of small towns! Better than being stuck on a closed road though!!!

October 21, 2015 at 13:38

2. Tina

It’s been years since I’ve driven Ebbetts Pass, but it is beautiful country & I’d much rather drive 9 hours through that than than getting stuck on the 5 going down to SoCal. Thankfully our next trip south is to San Diego for a wedding & we’ll be flying! Love how you always keep it classy & the pic of you in bathroom mirror is just adorbs!

October 21, 2015 at 16:48

• Yeah, I know!! I was looking up the mudslide on the 58 tonight to show my husband and we realized we missed being IN that by about 3 hours!!! I’m thankful that I got myself together and we left when we did…because I was seriously dragging! We had planned to leave later as well!

Its going to be an INSANE winter. I’m excited though. We had the most beautiful thunderstorm last Thursday morning. It was scary and amazing all at once. I sat in front of my balcony for hours and just watched it across the valley. But I know al this rain is going to bring MAJOR mudslides!!!

Thanks for reading! I try to keep it classy and cute…it’s hard sometimes. I do have days I want to run around in PJs! LOL!!!

October 22, 2015 at 05:12

3. I love this post, what a parade of perfect outfits!!

October 21, 2015 at 17:53