Forced Shopping Ban

So, sad SAD SAD news. As of yesterday, Kate Spade outlets no longer do send sales, which was 75% of my Kate Spade outlet purchases! Because really, isn’t is more fun to receive a beautifully wrapped package from UPS at your front door vs flying all over the country to hunt down your favorites?

So I suppose I’m in a forced shopping ban of sorts. Or “forced rehab” as I hash tagged on my Instagram. As a busy mom who is running 47 directions at any given time, I cherished my relationships with the Shop Stylists all over the country! Alas, the era is ending and my acquisitions of fun, pretty, sparkly, and cute things has most likely come to an end. Oh Kate Spade, WHY?!

I protested today, and went with non-Kate Spade clothing:

1. Blouse: Kohls
  2. Belt: secondhand
  3. Skirt: Vintage
  4. Shoes: SJP (Nordstrom Rack find, and they WILL do a send sale!)

I did visit Fashion Island yesterday, and here’s some photos from the latest fall collection to drop:

The plaid dress on me (for for reference, I typically take a 00, and this is a 00, except sizing seems to be different with fall as the 00 was still loose!). FYI, the cut is similar to the Charlene, except I feel the skirt is a little fuller. It does have pockets!

I fell in love with it, however my husband hated it. Two other dresses I didn’t buy:

Fall is gorgeous. Will I buy much? Still unknown. My closet is overflowing and I suppose it has to stop SOMEWHERE!

1. I popped in NorthPark yesterday really quick and saw some of the fall stuff. I will say that I fell in love with some of the Madison Ave dresses but didn’t have time to try them on. Lame. The Keaton dress in ivory is so pretty. It reminded me of the one that you’re saving for a special occasion!

September 4, 2015 at 01:56

• Oooooo. I saw it online and thought it was that one redone! LOL. None of the stores anywhere near me have Madison Ave pieces, which was why I loved the outlet in Cabazon! But alas, with the pass to get there right now SUCH a mess (it took me 4.5 hours to get home from Newport last night. Normally a 1:45 trip!), I can’t just “pop down there” to look anymore. Sigh. Maybe I’m going to live through your shopping now!!!

Lol

September 4, 2015 at 01:59

2. Tina

I’m not feeling the Fall clothing so far – the tartan isn’t ringing my bells and I usually love tartan skirts. The other dresses you tried on must be nicer in person as the print patterns don’t sing for me either! That being said I almost had a fit when I saw the gnome and mushroom novelty bags – they are beyond adorable!!! Have you had a chance to check them out yet? And the dark blue accessories are such a wonderful shade of not quite navy – I love them too!

September 4, 2015 at 02:59

• Yeah, I don’t know on any of the 3 I tried on! I was planning on buying the butterfly dress but when I put it on, I wasn’t feeling it. And I loved the plaid on, but now am not sure sure. Maybe it’s a sign that I don’t need ANY of it.

I have not seen the gnome and the mushroom! I like the gnome, just not sure how I feel about him being $398. I love Kate Spade, but I don’t know, with this new outlet thing of no send sales, coupled with the price point getting into the $500’s for one dress, I may be falling out of love a bit. In that price point I start seeing Theia, Aidan Maddox, and Tracy Reese, which tend to use nicer fabrics and have better tailoring sometimes. I really love the Theia pieces I have, and all their dresses have pockets! They use exceptional fabrics.
      I really want a Christian Siriano dress one day. His designs are achingly beautiful, and so well made. I’m always afraid to try anything on for fear of buying something I shouldn’t buy!
      I really need to clear out my closest this weekend. It’s out of control!
      JuleS

September 4, 2015 at 04:16

3. isitjustmeme

Oh no! That’s terrible! Wonder why they’ve stopped? i can outlet-hunt myself in November as I am planning a trip over to New Orleans, Memphis & Nashville and I’ve already scoped out the KS outlets nearby! 🙂 Hopefully they will have some bargains for me!! I have noticed regular prices seem to be getting crazy high.
    Oh & for what it’s worth I love the red checked dress!
    Lxx

September 4, 2015 at 05:42

• I have some ideas, unsure though. It’s really going to impact sales though! Perhaps they will change their minds. Sigh

September 5, 2015 at 02:25

4. OH NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I have no other words…

September 5, 2015 at 02:23

5. oh I am sure you will find other ways of enhancing and bedazzling your wardrobe – could just be a new challenge

September 5, 2015 at 08:04