Monday

Oh Monday, we meet again. But first, to recap our adventures yesterday.

We live up “the hill” so to speak. To go to LA or Disney, Orange County, etc, it’s a drive through a mountain pass. Normally, not a big deal. But some genius here in California decided “Let’s redo the Cajon Pass!”. Gee, thanks moron! It’s been a year and a half now of utter nightmares! But we decided to approach it with gusto and make the best of it. Going down was fine and dandy. However, coming back up?! Traffic was backed up for MILES. (We are talking probably 10-ish)  So we off-road it! Did we save time? I don’t know. But it sure was fun!!!! I didn’t get any photos (just some video), but the kids had a BLAST. It was also fun to see the route people used to take, insane!!

My outfit….we went to a fancy lunch/dinner to celebrate our 5th anniversary (this was with the kids…us as a family!)

And the funny photo our oldest took of us! (Also before I took all my jewelry off…that necklace is heavy!)

3. Handbag: Kate Spade
  4. Big necklace: Kate Spade

I didn’t take many photos….I think sometimes the memories are enough. The kids are already planning the next “anniversary”, so the whole “celebrate as a family” was a really good idea. Now to figure out when my husband and I can get away!!

Today I threw on an old favorite….the pineapples just make me happy, and I needed it today! I’m pretty sore….some is self inflicted, that whole “rest and be still” is very difficult for me!

2. Shoes: Thrifted

Hope your weekend was fabulous! It’s going to be a busy week…not sure if I’ll keep up with blogging or not. Going to try!

1. isitjustmeme

We have a similar problem with the roads where I live right now, I try to avoid going certain places so I don’t get stuck in the awful traffic but it’s right on one of the main roads down towards the shopping mall so pretty inconvenient! 😀
    Looks like you had a lovely time though. Happy anniversary! Xx

June 9, 2015 at 05:36

• Ugh, right?! This is going to be ongoing….such a nightmare. But I try to approach any trip with grace and patience. And LOTS OF SNACKS!!! 😏

June 9, 2015 at 22:55

2. Your clutch!!!

June 9, 2015 at 21:59

3. Tina

LOL I’m with talktomyshoes, I’m loving the ocean liner clutch and of course the sparkles, but I have to ask – is the pineapple dress a true wrap dress? I have a thing for wraps and may have to stalk a few trusty sites to nab that one….

June 10, 2015 at 00:20

• Yes the pineapple is a true wrap dress! I usually safety pin the hem since its soooo windy where I live. 🙂

June 11, 2015 at 13:19

4. You guys are so cute!! I’m still loving that navy dress and that your kids got in on the anniversary fun…. but YEP, you guys need to get away… just the two of you. 😉 Happy anniversary!!

June 10, 2015 at 03:28

• Thanks!! And yes, we need a getaway. Soon. I have to get through wedding season! It also doesn’t help that I don’t much like traveling anymore….I like my own bed. LOL!!!

I’m going to email you the latest acquisition….your gonna die!!!

June 10, 2015 at 03:48

5. You have the most amazing dress collection! So much closet envy.

June 11, 2015 at 00:25

• Awe, thanks! You know, if you ever want/need to borrow anything…..like on the way to Vegas. 😏 LOL!

June 11, 2015 at 13:19

6. GORGEOUS!! I love the dress for the family anniversary!! You are just gorgeous! And the pineapple dress makes me smile too. Please take care of yourself this week. Your body is trying to heal. Xx

June 11, 2015 at 10:55

• Thank you my dear!! Yes, I know I’m trying to heal….but still have a wedding this weekend! Thankfully today is the last day of school!! Woot!! 🙂

June 11, 2015 at 13:18