Seriously, I have NO OTHER WORDS for today. I’ll start with outfits from the past few days….
- Cardigan: Barney’s
- Dress: Kate Spade
- Shoes: Jimmy Choo, strassed in Light Siam stones.
Tuesday….where I wore the same dress but swapped out some details from day to evening. Everything is Kate Spade.
- Cardigans: Both Kate Spade
- Dress: Kate Spade Sonja in Navy Blue
- Belts: Both Kate Spade, the first came with the dress, the burgundy one is from Nordstrom.
- Shoes: Kate Spade (both pairs), in fact both are suede!!!
- Handbag: Kate Spade Rachelle (the smaller version is back at the outlets in this color!!!)
- Necklace: Kate Spade (current at the outlets)
Today encompassed 3 ensembles. I started in this to run some errands:
- Blouse: Thrifted, no brand.
- Skirt: Sandee Royalty
- Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Then I changed to take my oldest for his driving test!!! (Hang on…this is where my day gets REALLY REALLY INSANE)
- Dress: Kate Spade Adette (some outlets may still have this dress on their clearance rack!!!!!)
- Belt: Kate Spade (from Nordstrom)
- Shoes: Christian Louboutin (I LOVE these heels!!! That silver bow is sublime)
Then I changed to this….
- Cardigan: Kate Spade Girls, size Large (on sale right now!!!!)
- Dress: Kate Spade Adette
- Belt: Kate Spade
- Shoes: Jimmy Choo, strassed in Light Siam.
Now you ask…why the outfit change, and WHAT HAPPENED at the driving test.
Well. We pull up and the kid puts the car in park and I am going to get out of the car, as it’s his turn to meet his examiner. But all of a sudden there’s a horrific BAM BOOM BAM and the car lurches forward about 10 feet (it was in PARK mind you!!!. We both freaked thinking it was a bomb or something. But no.
The driver behind us SLAMMED INTO MY CAR. In fact they slammed into my bumper SO HARD, there is an imprint of their license plate embedded in my bumper!! And about 3 punctured holes IN the bumper. People are running and screaming at the kid to put the car in park (I don’t blame them…the car lurched that much!!), and was just plain dizzy and seeing stars. I was unbelted and about to exit the car, so I went flying.
However, as they suggested a reschedule of the test, as I was aching with whiplash, I look over and see my son calm as a cucumber. Ready to take his test. WHICH HE PASSED!!! I’m so proud of him…he got in his first accident AND passed his behind the wheel driving test all within a 45-minute period.
Of course I have who knows what wrong with my back now. I just know I am in considerable pain, dizzy, and have a wicked cool headache. But hey, THE KID PASSED HIS TEST. And he has a wicked cool story to tell.
The bright side? My flamingo survived:
I have an incredible team of Drs already lined up to fix me, and the car will get a shiny new bumper. He also has a really memorable story for the day he got his license. I’m hoping it encourages him to be a very thoughtful driver. It also could have been worse….it could have been my kid who hit someone in line to take their driving test!! I’m thankful for our car insurance company who has already handled so much. Also grateful he took his test in my big SUV, as the other cars would have been seriously injured!! My biggest concern is for my back/neck, I know tomorrow is not going to be fun! Back to flats for a while for me!
Until next time,