One Skirt, Two Looks
It’s been super windy here, and so I’ve been relying on my stash of pencil skirts the past few days. Today I ended up changing, but kept the same skirt, just styling it different each time!
First outfit today:
- Sweater: Banana Repubic (but I found it secondhand at It’s a Wrap)
- Skirt: Vintage, thrifted
- Shoes: Christian Louboutin
- Necklace & Bracelet: Target
I have about half a dozen vintage pencil skirts in black, grey and navy blue. I’ve slowly accumulated them over time…I really like to look for the “Academy Award” brand skirts, they are made soooo well and the fabric is perfect. A medium weight, perfect for Southern California weather. I often find them at various thrift and secondhand shops around West LA.
And to go out tonight:
- Cardigan: Ross (old, it’s held up beautifully though!!)
- Blouse: Banana Republic Outlet
- Skirt: Vintage, secondhand (I don’t even remember where)
- Belt: unknown. (It’s a Wrap find)
- Shoes: Christian Louboutin Simples
- Handbag: Kate Spade
Nearly everything in my second look was secondhand/Ebay/thrifted, with the exception of the blouse, which I picked up during one of Banana Republic’s crazy clearance sales at the outlet!
I know I wear a lot of Kate Spade, and TONS of dresses, but sometimes it’s good to mix it up again. I have so many clothes (the reality is I am a clothing collector. I don’t collect knick knacks, china, art, or anything like that. I like my art hanging in my closet, what can I say?), and some days it’s just so easy to throw on a great dress, some shoes, grab a cardigan and run out the door. That is EASY! It’s putting actual combinations together that takes time!!
Until next time,