This will be brief, it’s been quite a long day. Church, lunch, prepping for the big dinner I made, moving furniture around (and building a bookcase I bought yesterday!), and prepping the household for the dreaded “return to school” tomorrow!! Going back after these long breaks are brutal for the kids. I pretty much kept the same schedule, so 5am won’t be a shocker for me. (They don’t rise until 6…I like quiet time. Okay, let’s face it, I move SLOW in the morning!!)
Anyway, I did pull out an almost entirely new outfit for today!
- Cardigan: Tracy Reese (5 years old…I bought this for my husband and I’s wedding reception, May 2010!!)
- Dress: Kate Spade Roset in White (I tracked this one down during the surprise sale…they had ONE left in my size at the Georgetown store…the manager was amazing! One day I must visit there!! I’ve always had such fantastic experiences ordering over the phone with any KS shop)
- Shoes: Christian Louboutin (off eBay, last year right around Christmas. First outing for them!)
- Bracelet: Ben Amun (eBay)
- Earrings: I bought these in 2010 for my wedding.
- Sunglasses: Miu Miu
- Photo bomber: not sure which kiddos that is! And no, I was NOT driving.
It was so windy today, my hair looked great before I left the house…but by the time I took that photo above, it had been wind blown. It’s spring here in the desert! I had planned to wear a necklace, but my neck is in such agony, I skipped it. I’m such my chiropractor will thank me tomorrow!
I also baked and glazed a ham: (well, it was from Costco…I make an additional glaze though with ginger…sooooo yummy!)
All in all, a wonderful Easter Sunday in my house. Many blessings, much peace, and while I love huge family gatherings, it was actually nice to just have our ragtag group. It was our own special chaos, but I loved every moment of it. I also don’t think I could have done a proper social event today, beyond church.
Tomorrow, back to the grind! Happy Easter! Many blessings on you and yours!!
*please note all images posted on this blog are not to be used elsewhere without my permission. Any images used from this blog are in a direct violation of copyright laws.*