Ebay Photo Thief *update*

Yay for the power of the internet!

My photos were taken down & all is well. It wasn’t terribly pretty, (I won’t go into all the details, but suffice to say, it could only happen to me!) but hopefully the seller won’t do it to anyone else. I pity them, and hope that they learn some ethical business practices.

Always a good thing to defend one’s rights y’all!!

*yes I removed the original post, as the listing has been closed & re-listed with sellers own photos.

1. Oh no you discovered Haute Look, your day will now revolve around checking that site at 11 am EST from now on >.<

That's terrible what happened to your stolen photos, it happens way too much on eBay. If you do a lot of phone shots, there's an app called Curved Text (free?) that adds them easy right on the phone along with mild edits like cropping, etc

July 11, 2014 at 05:14

• Eeks, I saw that!!!! (The daily sales)

I just downloaded that app, seems easy enough to use! Thank you for the advice!!

July 11, 2014 at 05:33

2. Same thing has happened to me :-/ not fun

July 11, 2014 at 11:25

• You know I now understand why photos from my listings have been stolen (you have to opt out of that in your seller settings! Which I have now done). But to steal blog photos? Of someone else wearing a dress? Especially when the sizing is so mis-represented? Not cool! I’ve had so many people reporting it, and I sent eBay a link to my post with the photos! Hopefully they pull it down. Ugh. It’s just annoying!!!

July 11, 2014 at 14:28

• The problem is people think any image found on Google images is fair game and open source to use. That is not true. People have not been educated in the copyright rules. Glad you’re taking action.

July 11, 2014 at 15:35

3. I also like pic monkey.com for quick edits! So sorry this happened!!

July 11, 2014 at 11:45

• Yeah, well, time to live and learn I suppose! Not going to go back through over 400 posts and watermark everything, but from here on out I will!!!

July 11, 2014 at 14:29

4. Every so often someone will sell the Bombay Kids Gigi bedding on ebay and use a picture from my blog of my daughters bedroom and it creeps me out! I usually send them an email and then call ebay and have them remove it. I know it sounds silly, but to me it feels like such a violation. I hope you’re able to get it taken down.

July 11, 2014 at 15:31

• Oh that would really upset me. The whole kids room thing. I mean fine, use my photos without me IN them. But photos of my styling on MY body?! No no no!!!

I mean are you that lazy you can’t snap a photo?! It’s so easy to list on eBay these days! Easier through the mobile app than the web-based platform.

I’m still waiting on a response. Ugh. And it’s still up there!!!

Thanks for commiserating, I appreciate it!

July 11, 2014 at 20:49