May The 4th Be With You

Now, let me say, until I met my husband, married him, and acquired my two step sons, I was NOT a Star Wars fan. AT ALL. As in, I was quite proud that I had never seen the movies!

Oh how that has changed over the past four years! Especially after realizing the boys’ birthday is today, on May 4th! (Yes, they share a birthday! Always a very interesting conversation to say the least) So, I am now a Star Wars fan. In fact, The Revenge of the Sith is currently blaring on our TV. Although, I much prefer movies 4, 5, and 6, merely due to being a HUGE Harrison Ford fan.

Anyway, there’s a little fun trivia about myself today. That said, I am continuing on my “A Dress a Day in May” journey, with this striped number:

20140504-164149.jpg

20140504-164154.jpg

20140504-164159.jpg

20140504-164203.jpg

20140504-164209.jpg

Dress: Kate Spade Mariella Dress
Belt: Alannah Hill
Shoes: Kate Spade
Handbag: Kate Spade
Brooch: Vintage

I know so far I have stuck to Kate Spade dresses this month, and while I almost have enough to wear a different one each day, I will end up mixing it up. It was nearly 90 degrees today where I live, which means I’m not going to be wearing heavy wool dresses in May! I really do need to wear more of my clothes, or purge my closet (again!). We shall see!

Have a fabulous Sunday!

1. aheadbandaday

Purge it to me haha!

I love how you styled this esp that giant pink bow belt…I want one!

It’s also Audrey Hepburn’s bday!

-Haley

May 4, 2014 at 23:51

• Haley-

Oooo, that’s right! Happy Birthday Audrey!! 🙂

And I may have another blog sale. That or it’ll be an eBay purge. Gotta fund the addiction ya know!!! The big belt came with a dress I bought in Australia 5 and a half years ago. You would LOVE Alannah Hill, her stuff is Nanette Lepore with a 20’s twist. I’m a little old for her hemlines though (in my opinion!!). She makes super cute cardigans (and also ships to the USA, something that is new)

May 5, 2014 at 00:21

• aheadbandaday

Oooh sounds expensive haha but I do love the 20s. I’ll have to check her out!

May 5, 2014 at 03:17

2. Wow, this is so lovely – I think I’m falling in love with Kate Spade 🙂 Love the pink belt and the green bag ❤

May 5, 2014 at 07:18

• Thank you! For some reason the bag always seems to photograph green/teal, but it’s really more of a pale blue. I LOVE it. 🙂

Thanks for stopping by!

May 5, 2014 at 13:13

3. And yet another bow belt that wants to be in my closet!! Is your bag the robins egg blue bag or a different shade??

May 6, 2014 at 03:09

• It’s the robins egg blue one!!! And it almost matches the belt!

I also may it may not have bought 20-ish bow belts off eBay last month. Not Kate Spade, but super cute. Planning on a fun little May giveaway. 😉

May 6, 2014 at 03:11

• Yep, I have the robin’s egg bag in a different style. It does photograph differently!!

May 6, 2014 at 23:11