Good Friday

Wow, it doesn’t feel like Easter weekend! I imagine it is because my husband and I packed up and are headed to Northern California for a wedding. Yes, we left the kids behind! I feel guilty as a mom, but my parents have them, and I know my kids are most likely (okay, totally likely!!) to be more excited about grandma & grandpa than mom & dad!!

That said, I’m glad we didn’t drag them, I did all the desserts for this wedding and the car is precariously packed, in hopes the French Macarons all survive the 6+ hour trip!!

My travel ensemble:

20140418-152955.jpg

20140418-153001.jpg

20140418-153007.jpg

20140418-153015.jpg

Cardigan: Target
Dress: Calvin Klein
Belt: Thrift
Shoes: Kate Spade

And this is why I haven’t been posting this week, I have become a cookie. Or at least it feels like it!!! French Macarons, iced sugar cookies, sugar cookies, cake balls, a small cake & some other cookies. Some teaser photos:

20140418-153424.jpg

20140418-153433.jpg

20140418-153440.jpg

20140418-153415.jpg

20140418-153447.jpg

20140418-153454.jpg

20140418-153403.jpg

I’m excited to set it all up tomorrow and share photos! I also am finally going to wear the sequin Kate Spade Emma dress, eeks!!! I probably won’t post again until Sunday, I have terrible cell service where we will be. But on Sunday my husband and I are headed to Santa Cruz to celebrate his birthday, and just have some time away with nowhere to be!! I found an adorable boutique hotel and we will hit the boardwalk….it’ll be a first for both of us! I’ll take it, it’s not always easy to find things new to “us”, one of the hazards of a second marriage! But I wouldn’t change a thing in my life, the good OR the bad.

Because life is that, an experience!!

Have a wonderful Easter weekend, and those out on the road, travel safe! And travel colorfully!

1. Your deserts looks amazing!

April 19, 2014 at 00:42

2. Safe travels!! The sweets are GORGEOUS!! Have a great time!!

April 19, 2014 at 03:09

• Thanks!! We made it, and I only had 3 tiny casualties, but considering I was transporting 160 French macarons, I’ll take only 3 casualties!! And they “died” about 10 miles from our destination! Someone stopped suddenly and my poor husband had to stop. I admit after a 7+ hour car drive, I was not so nice. Whoops!!!! But those 3 were the “tasters” this morning with coffee! Lol

Have a wonderful weekend!!! 🙂

April 19, 2014 at 18:02

3. You are such a talented baker! Have a wonderful time…(I am married for the second time, as well, and I know what you mean about finding things new to “us.”)

April 19, 2014 at 13:05

• Thank you!!! Yes, second marriage has it’s own set of strangeness. But I have to say, I enjoy being married much more this time around. Perhaps not having more children helps? Not experiencing those sleepless nights!! (Plus we have 4 anyway, I do think that’s enough!!)

Thank you for stopping by!!

April 19, 2014 at 18:00

4. Lovely Easter ensemble!! Can you believe I have never tasted a macaron? Are they super sweet?

April 19, 2014 at 23:47

• They are kind of sweet, hard to explain. Sweet & chewy all at once? Not as sweet as, say a cake ball. So many flavour options!!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

April 21, 2014 at 05:57

5. I love your travel outfit! And those desserts look so luscious! Now all I want is a macaron, they’re kind of hard to locate around here. Hope it was fun. xo

April 20, 2014 at 01:54

• Thanks girl!!! The wedding went off without a hitch! Posting photos soon.

April 21, 2014 at 05:56