Adventure Time

I never did get around to blogging yesterday, why you ask? Well, I had a crazy busy morning doing grown-up things, and then headed on an adventure with one of my dearest friends!

My outfit yesterday morning (I ended up changing, but failed to snap a photograph. Horrible, I know!!):

20140403-065547.jpg

20140403-065554.jpg

20140403-065603.jpg

20140403-065611.jpg

Jacket: Kate Spade
Blouse: Kohls
Belt: It’s a Wrap
Skirt: Anthropologie
Shoes: Christian Louboutin
Handbag (not pictured): wise owl quinn

We left around 1, and went from the desert to the snow:

20140403-065749.jpg

20140403-065804.jpg

20140403-065820.jpg

20140403-065827.jpg

And I picked up my partner in crime, and we headed to this:

20140403-065903.jpg

20140403-065910.jpg

20140403-065918.jpg

20140403-065929.jpg

Nothing like rush hour Orange County traffic! Our destination was Ikea (she needed some furniture for her new house), but of course we made a tiny little pit stop:

20140403-070036.jpg

20140403-070043.jpg

20140403-070050.jpg

Aren’t those poodle shoes insane?! They are Charlotte Olympia. Seriously her shoes are crazy but SO fun! Sadly they were not even close to my size. The silver glitter Kate Spade heels however, well, those came back with us! Because they match these:

20140403-070217.jpg

What can I say, I’m a sucker for a comfortable shoe.

We then hit IKEA, and the fun part was loading my car. Photographic evidence:

20140403-070315.jpg

20140403-070323.jpg

With the help of a wonderful Good Samaritan, we got it ALL IN THE CAR. Crazy, but hilarious.

We finally got some food (and created a new word, “hangry”, hungry/angry), made new friends at Freebirds (BEST BURRITO EVER), and headed back to the snow.

But wait, why is TJMaxx closed at 11pm?!

20140403-070505.jpg

And WHAT is this billboard all about:

20140403-070528.jpg

No idea, but funny. There are so many other stories from yesterday, but I won’t bore you with the minute details. Let me just say, I haven’t laughed that much with a girlfriend in a while! I called my poor husband at one point and frankly, I do believe he was a little worried! Ah well, it was fun. This morning should be even more fun hauling the couch and chair up the tiny snow-covered steps into my friends mountain cabin. Wish us luck, I am sure we need tons!

Have a great day!

1. aheadbandaday

Omg yes! I love those poodle shoes. What a riot. What store was that at and how do you always get so lucky and find the size you need? Love the ks gold glitter shoes best,but silver is fun too-good find. And what did you wear to help unpack the furniture? Lol heels?? I love ikea! We don’t have one where I live though.

Fun post!

-Haley

April 3, 2014 at 14:55

• Haley-

The poodle shoes were at Last Call, on sale for around $100? They were a 6.5 though, far too small for me!!!!!

The silver shoes, well I called ahead. I suppose it’s just magical? I don’t know, I just tend to find stuff. They were on super sale too!!! Just a fluke I suppose.

IKEA was CRAZY! But fun. I’m still amazed at how much we managed to get in my car. We had planned it, but the reality is always much more epic than one would imagine. Lol.

And yes, I rocked my glittery gold heels through IKEA and to load up the car. Just how I roll I suppose!!

April 3, 2014 at 15:01

• aheadbandaday

Omg we don’t have Last Call. Sounds fun. Are the fuzzy shoes Charlotte Olympia? I love those too. They remind me of the ones Carrie Bradshaw wore in Sex and the City.

What is super sale,if you don’t mind me asking?? I love deals! What size are your feet? I wear 7-7.5 and usually luck out with what I want too.

April 3, 2014 at 15:16

• Both pairs were Charlotte Olympia! Right around the $100 range they were. Marked down from $600-$800 (that’s the range for her shoes usually)

My shoe size depends on the brand, anywhere from a 7.5-9. I have the same Christian Louboutin shoe in different leathers AND different sizes, so crazy! It really depends. In Kate Spade I take an 8, and I can pretty much depend on her sizing. Unless it’s a pointy-toe heel. Might need to size up then!

April 4, 2014 at 05:50

• aheadbandaday

I was going to guess 100…good deal for ks!

April 4, 2014 at 05:52

• No, that was the Charlotte Olympia heels! The glitter Kate Spade heels were right around $70. Saks was having a nice sale.

April 4, 2014 at 06:11

• aheadbandaday

Oooh even better! I thought you had gotten the ks’s at the same shop. I’ve never been to Saks. We don’t have them here.

April 4, 2014 at 06:17

2. Quina

those glitter heels are so cute…how did you find them? where? is it still possible to get them? do you know the name of the heels?

August 11, 2014 at 16:30

• Hi! Both pairs were purchased at the Saks Fifth Avenue outlet. I don’t have the boxes anymore, so I am unsure of the style name. I do think they were a Saks exclusive, as I never saw these anywhere else. You could try your local Off Fifth store! (Or eBay)

Good Luck!