Sunshine

It’s Friday! I’m so happy to end this week. We have a fairly low-key weekend planned, my highlight being driving high school kids on Sunday, which means a day in downtown la! Or rather Hollywood area. I plan to hit all my favorite secondhand spots, and see some friends.

Today I’m embracing this beautiful sunshine:

20140314-144618.jpg

20140314-144623.jpg

20140314-144628.jpg

20140314-144635.jpg

20140314-144640.jpg

Jacket: Kate Spade
Blouse: Kohls
Belt: thrifted
Skirt: Vintage
Shoes: Christian Louboutin

I have been hunting for this jacket for ages!!! I jumped on the Kate Spade clothing bandwagon a little late, and so I’m always on the hunt for pieces from the early days of her clothing line. I snagged this for a killer price, it still had the tags on it! (And it’s authentic) I love how it’s so bright, and the compliments today, wow. To think I almost didn’t wear it, considering a plain cream cardigan instead!

I think I need to wear more of my structured jackets more, I own several really timeless pieces! I just tend to get stuck in the “throw on a cardigan” rut. Of course now I feel I need to find it in green, another colour they made this in! But for now, baring any fabulous finds this Sunday, I really need to scale back and start shopping my closet for a bit. Easier said than done!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

1. Very smart! I made a decision to try be a little more than a denims gal and I actually BOUGHT a skirt and a dress ( a PURPLE dress too mind you!)
    So I have NOTHING to go with it and bought them at a charity shop which means they are a bit quirky – I still have not worn them and haev had them for about three weeks now!

You look really great by the way!

March 14, 2014 at 22:16

• Ooooo, wear the dress!!!!! It doesn’t have to match anything, just rock it! 🙂

March 14, 2014 at 22:19

• I tend to go through phases where I want to just BLEND in — and then I hit a colourful mood and want to just be ME hey 😉
        TIME too – denims just slide right on with a coat chucked over! I need some new warm stocking s I think too 😀
        Thank you though – I may just find the gumption to go for it 😀

March 14, 2014 at 22:25

2. haleybug818

I love the gold dotted secretary top with the bow and that is a great jacket. Love the gold buttons-very luxe.

H

March 14, 2014 at 23:03

3. haleybug818

I agree too. It’d be great in green!

March 14, 2014 at 23:05

• Yup!!! The green is on my radar. One day! They did the green when they did all the tennis print stuff. Couple of years ago I believe. I can never remember. I try to pin things on Pinterest for reference, but then I forget about my boards. Lol

March 14, 2014 at 23:14

• haleybug818

I loved the tennis print stuff because I am a tennis player. I never nabbed anything up though. They had the tennis bracelet tennis bracelet (haha) up a while ago at the last 75 percent off sale, but I didn’t buy it.

March 14, 2014 at 23:18