Rain Rain Go Away

This morning I woke up to the delightful sound of rain falling. Which I would normally embrace. Except, it’s winter. And rain in winter really makes my arthritis flare up. On the bright side? I tend to dress brighter and sparklier when I don’t feel so hot.

That said, I’m completely snubbing my nose at the winter rain today:

20130124-072634.jpg

Cardigan: Banana Republic, off eBay (tag says it’s from Summer ’04)
Blouse: Banana Republic, sale last spring/summer
Skirt: Nanette Lepore (have had this for ages)
Stockings: Calvin Klein
Shoes: 5-color strass Manolo Blahnik’s I did last weekend
Handbag: Grey Kate Spade Maryann bag
Jewelry: Omega watch, double strand of pearls, and pearl earrings

My necklace & the detail on my cardigan:

20130124-072858.jpg

And a shot of my shoes, angled so you can see more detail:

20130124-072932.jpg

We have a local pageant that feeds into Miss America, and I was asked to do sweets & treats for the judges & other officials. Tonight I’ll make French Macarons (mmmmm!!!), last night I started with these, molded chocolates:

20130124-073235.jpg

I also started the process for double chocolate cake balls, yummy yummy! I’m super excited to be apart of this, I think it’s great when we have events like this where I live. Any excuse for semi-formal (okay, so formal for me) is embraced wholly by me!

1. Jennifer Dysart

I love the molded chocolates, they are lovely! I really need to get baking again! Those Manolo’s are to die for! We are in the single digits and getting snow in the Pennsylvania mountains o_O

January 24, 2013 at 15:44

• Oh my goodness, snow! It’s actually warmer here than it has been. It’s like SoCal is bi-polar!

January 24, 2013 at 15:47

2. Jennifer Dysart

Sorry to double post, but how do you make those chocolates? They are all sparkly and pretty, you should do a recipe post!

January 24, 2013 at 15:45

• Hmm, I guess I could do a recipe post! It’s super simple really. I melt down chocolate, tint it, then mold. For the roses, I painted the green in the mold first. Oh, and edible glitter! Which I brushed IN the mold before pouring the chocolate.

I never use Wilton candy melts, oy. Guittard White Chocolate (and mint, the green is a mint), and for all my chocolate I use Guiradelli. I’ve collected various molds over the past decade. My mom used to make them for weddings and special occasions, it was fun as a kid!

January 24, 2013 at 15:54

• Thanks! I’ve never done molded chocolate so I’m completely ignorant, I’ll surf around for ingredients. These are wonderful

January 25, 2013 at 15:41

• Thank you! I imagine there are tons of blogs out there with more molded chocolates. Have you seen Bakerella? She does a ton of cute/whimsical stuff. I don’t know if she does molded chocolates, but it’s super cute for inspiration. 🙂

Just shoot me an email if you ever want ideas/suggestions!

January 26, 2013 at 03:07

3. Such gorgeous flats!!
    x
    Michelle

January 25, 2013 at 03:16

4. Those shoes really look great! Your entire outfit is so pastel and happy, then bam(!) some pointy toe flats that mean business.

January 25, 2013 at 05:23

• Maria, thank you! Sadly they KILL my poor toes. 😦

I was being defiant to the weather, and my shoes were defiant right back at me. Lol!

January 25, 2013 at 05:48

5. freespiritfelts

I Love love love the shoes! You say you did them your self? How? I must try that out myself. Tell me please how you did them.

February 4, 2013 at 08:40

6. Thank you for following my blog here is a personalized affirmation created by me to celebrate you

Good Morning Sweet Jules,

I, Jules, love to look stunning. My goal is to a kind, loving, fashionable and caring mother. I love to cook, making yummy meals for my family that increase their health and well being. Creating gorgeous dessert to bring to church, weddings and baby showers then hearing the ladies ooo and ahh over my creations makes my heart expand. I thrive when I am appreciated so today I make sure I appreciate me with kind, loving and compassionate words. I am beautiful. I am enough. I am worthy of unconditional love and acceptance. I am a beloved child of the Universe and the Universe loves to smell my cooking!

I, Stephanie, am encouraged by your desserts and your commitment to being fashionable. You are an asset to your community and our world. Thank you for sharing your kind and talented self with us. I Love You. :~)

February 4, 2013 at 15:32

• Stephanie-

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful words! I am so thrilled to have found your blog!!

I wish I had equally as powerful words to say back, but I’m terribly afraid I’m just not that eloquent! I speak in dessert and sparkly things, as you have noted.

Keep in touch! And thank you for such a bright and cheery start to my Monday morning!!!

February 4, 2013 at 15:37

7. I think you are eloquent in many ways such as your sense of style and in your lovely attitude! You are totally welcome! Thank you for your lovely reply. Also thank you for liking my blog post Affirmation, Gratitude and Observing. Gratitude Dance! :~)

February 7, 2013 at 16:26

8. Thank you for liking my blog post Affirmation, Gratitude and Stories. :~) Gratitude Dance! I enjoy your words, thoughts and ideas. Thank you for sharing.

February 18, 2013 at 15:04